$250.00 – $2,000.00
Complete digital K-5 P.E. basketball curriculum with videos, worksheets, and posters.
The Elementary Basketball Curriculum, developed by Deborah Newkirk, is our complete Physical Education curriculum for Kindergarten through 5th Grade, perfect for your school district, with special features to integrate with your district software and pricing tiers for different sized districts. For small schools, home schools, or clubs, click here.
– Objective driven; skill introductions and specific selected drills are age-appropriate.
– The year to year experience shows progressions, but assumes nothing.
– Intertwined with fun activities, an occasional fitness component, and a healthy competition concept in the older years.
– Priority of progressions is a strong introduction to the sport and a sense of confidence that comes with learning, followed by skill development.
– Cue words and cue phrases are the heartbeat of this curriculum – they’re kid friendly and even rhythmical at times to ensure quick learning.
– Partner task sheets, skill posters, and drill videos are included and aligned with lessons
– Adaptable lessons with distinct components can be shortened or lengthened or easily adapted to more days
This digital download includes:
The Elementary Basketball Curriculum Ebook, with:
– 5 days of lesson plans for each grade level K-5
– Clearly identified class and student objectives, aligned with national P.E. standards
– Original videos linked from the lesson page that demonstrate skills and games
– Printable 8.5×11″ posters illustrating body position and technique
– Partner Task Sheets for peer coaching
– Fun, original coloring sheets that illustrate key concepts
A spreadsheet of all lessons, which can easily be imported into your district software.
11″x17″ Full Color Printable Posters for increased visibility in your gyms.
*Please note that this product is fully copyrighted and may not be distributed to other schools, facilities, clubs, teachers, or families than the one it was purchased for. We work hard to create amazing products that are priced affordably, and appreciate you helping us maintain the integrity of this product by not sharing it.Please select the total number of teachers in your school or district for appropriate pricing.*
As soon as your purchase is complete, you will see the files available for download. Please save the files to your computer and distribute to your teachers. You may come back and download the file again if needed.
Praise for the Elementary Basketball Curriculum:
“As a district level curriculum person, working with Deborah was amazing. She “gets it”! She understands the idea of creating curriculum that is effective for all children, not an easy task in the public school setting. Deborah was easy to work with and took the time to listen to our needs and helped solve problems unique to Austin ISD. Her volleyball curriculum is engaging and developmentally spot on! I look forward to working with her on other projects in the future.
– Pat Werner, K-12 Health and Physical Education Curriculum Specialist, Austin ISD
“I purchased both the Volleyball and Basketball Curriculum over the summer for use in our summer sports camps. I couldn’t be more pleased with both.
The curriculum is so simple to follow. During our camps it allowed me to entrust my staff to run camps and feel confident that it would be a quality camp. I would assign a grade level and a day or two for a particular day of camp then let my staff run it.
The format is so easy to follow, with drills, games and coaching tips. If there was ever a question on a particular drill the video links would answer all of the questions as to how it should be run.
The feedback we received from parents was ALWAYS positive on how much fun the children were having and they are learning so much! These programs have given our facilities a SOLID program and have the children excited about camps next summer.
We have also used these curriculum to run weekend clinics. We just finished our volleyball clinic and it was nothing short of AMAZING. We had athletes wanting to join late after the first day was over because they had heard from a friend who was registered. The request for more clinics have already started coming in.
We will be starting our basketball camp and the registrations are rolling in.
It makes programming so easy now that we have a consistent and progressive curriculum in place. Even when we need to substitute a coach for a day, the curriculum allows for an easy transition without missing a beat.
To say I am pleased would be an understatement and a disservice to what Coach Newkirk has brought to the table.”
– Angelo Florez, Sports Director, YMCA of Austin, Hays Communities Family Branch